Twisted Road Motorcycle Rental | GoRollick
Are you one of those people who have daydreamed about hitting the open road on a motorbike, but don’t necessarily own one? There are many benefits behind renting a motorcycle; whether it is to test drive before owning, not having to worry about maintenance or insurance, renting a premium model to have the experience, and so much more. But how do you know where to start?
Our partner, Twisted Road is one of the most convenient and trusted motorcycle rental programs in the United States. They have built up a community of motorcycle enthusiasts who are passionate about sharing their love for riding in a safe and easy-to-use format.
They offer daily insurance as well as roadside assistance and tire protection so that you can rent a motorcycle without fear.
One of the best parts of Twisted Road is how easy it is to put your own motorcycle up for rent. In less than 5 minutes, you can have your motorcycle listing up on Twisted Road, and then you can let them do all the work for you.
In this article, we are going to cover how Twisted Road works, how to rent a motorcycle using Twisted Road, and how to list your motorcycle for rent as well. We will also cover some basic questions and answers so you can start your motorcycle rental journey on the right foot. Ready to hit the road?
Table of Contents:
- What is Twisted Road?
- How to Rent a Motorcycle with Twisted Road
- How to List a Motorcycle with Twisted Road
- What About Insurance?
- Other FAQs for Twisted Road
- Upcoming Events with Twisted Road
- You can easily rent a motorcycle in most major US cities using Twisted Road
- You can list a motorcycle you own on Twisted Road to make some extra cash and spread the joy of riding to others!
- Riding with Twisted Road is simple and easy
What is Twisted Road Motorcycle Rental?
Twisted Road is a motorcycle rental program for both renters and owners. This means you can rent a motorcycle almost anywhere in the US with ease. The process is designed to work for both riders who are looking to rent a motorcycle and for owners who are looking to share their motorcycle with other riders (and make a little extra cash).
Twisted Road has tons of motorcycles to choose from, including Harley-Davidson, Triumph, BMW, Ducati, Honda, Indian, and more. They are in most US cities, including LA, Austin, Las Vegas, Tampa, Miami, Nashville, San Francisco, Atlanta, Denver, Chicago, and more.
How Does Twisted Road Work?
Twisted Road has made renting a motorcycle anywhere in the US as simple as possible. All you have to do is create a profile, verify you have a valid motorcycle license, and you can search inventory all over the nation.
For owners, all you need is some good-quality photos of your bike (a bike that fits the parameters of Twisted Road) and a few minutes to set up a profile with some information about the bike. And boom, you just started making passive income.
Twisted Road has done an incredible job at protecting both the owner of the bike and the renter. They offer insurance for riders at a daily rate and make sure every rider has some sort of insurance so the owner can feel confident renting out their bike. They’ve also built in a lot of checks and balances to ensure both the renter and the owner feel confident about riding the bike.
Twisted Road – Rent a Motorcycle
If you want to use Twisted Road to rent a motorcycle, you can follow these simple steps:
- Determine if you are eligible to rent a motorcycle through Twisted Road:
- You must hold a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement and present your license to the owner when you begin the trip. Your license may not be temporary, probationary, paper, or otherwise limited.
- You must have held a motorcycle endorsement for at least six months
- You must be at least 21 years of age to rent in the United States.
- If you are under 25, Twisted Road may require you to demonstrate at least three years of current motorcycle riding history in the US.
- If you hold a non-US driver’s license and are renting a motorcycle in the US, you must be at least 25, and you will need to provide a photograph of your license when making your booking. We may also ask to visually see your passport when picking up the motorcycle.
- You must possess a mobile phone in your own name that Twisted Road can verify through text message.
- You must be a registered user of Twisted Road.
- You must have experience riding a motorcycle and document this in your profile.
- Twisted Road takes a variable credit card hold on all rentals
- Search the Twisted Road inventory
You can search by the brand of motorcycle, by the price you are able to afford, or by proximity to where you want to ride. You can also search by dates to ensure you only see bikes that are available for the days you want to rent.
- Book a Bike
At this point, you can simply click ‘Book’ and proceed to checkout. Twisted Road will ask you to fill out a user profile to verify your motorcycle license/endorsement and to get a little more information about your riding experience.
- Enter Payment Information
Before your booking is complete, you will need to submit a credit card to hold the ride.
- Pick Up Your Ride
After Twisted Road verifies your license is valid to ride a motorcycle legally, and your payment is accepted, you will communicate with the motorcycle owner to decide on a place and time to ‘meet the bike.’ This is where you can ask questions about the nuances of this specific bike and even ride it a little bit before going off on your own. Make sure you inspect the motorcycle before you take off and note any scratches or dings with photos, so you know it was not something you did while riding.
Ride to your heart’s content during your allotted rental period! Just remember to be safe, wear the proper gear, and have fun.
- Return the Bike
Once your rental period is up, you can agree on a time and location with the bike’s owner to meet and return the bike. The owner will inspect the bike to assess any potential damage. The renter is expected to return the bike with a full tank of gas. Don’t forget to leave the bike owner a review on Twisted Road to let other renters know about your experience!
The great thing about Twisted Road’s motorcycle rental program is that you can truly ride on your own terms. You can rent a cruiser one weekend and then an enduro the next. If you have your eye on a specific bike but aren’t quite sure if you are ready to invest fully, you can see if anyone in your area has that bike and give it a try. Another way to use Twisted Road is to forgo trailering your motorcycle with you when you travel. Why bother with a trailer or strapping it to the bed of your truck if you can simply rent a similar motorcycle where you are going? The options for Twisted Road are endless and designed with riders in mind.
Twisted Road – List Motorcycle
Another great perk of working with Twisted Road is renting out your own motorcycle to other riders to make a little cash. Getting set up on Twisted Road to start renting out your bike only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to get started and what to expect:
Step 1: List Your Bike on Twisted Road
All you need to do is click the link above and then follow the easy steps so other riders can find your bike and rent it (when you’re not riding it). You will need to submit photos of the bike, a description, and other basic info to list your motorcycle for rent.
Step 2: Twisted Road Approves Renters
After your bike is listed, Twisted Road promotes your bike to potential renters in your area. Once a potential renter submits a request for your bike, Twisted Road confirms the rider’s motorcycle license is valid and forwards the request to you. Then, you have the opportunity to view the rider’s information and can confirm or reject the rental when you’re ready-no one rides your motorcycle unless you approve them.
Step 3: Meet the Rider
After you approve a rider for your bike, you will communicate to arrange a location to meet. In this meeting, you will explain the nuances of your motorcycle and have an opportunity for the renter to test out the bike. Assuming all goes well, you hand over the bike and the keys!
Step 4: Get Your Bike Back
When the agreed-on rental time period ends, you will meet the renter again at a predetermined location. This is your opportunity to inspect the bike for any damage or concerns. After you ok the bike, you get your bike back, and the rental is complete. Don’t forget to ask the rider to leave feedback on Twisted Road for your rental profile!
Step 5: Get Paid
You will receive payment for your motorcycle rental directly from Twisted Road 5 days after the return of the bike.
Step 6: Repeat as often or as little as you like!
The beauty of Twisted Road is that it allows you to share the enjoyment of your bike with qualified riders in your area, on your own terms and on your own time. Twisted Road does all the heavy lifting for you by verifying riders’ qualifications, handling payment, and even insurance – so all you have to do is show up!
How Does Insurance Work for Renting a Motorcycle?
Regardless of whether you are already insured, to ensure confidence and coverage for both riders and renters, Twisted Road requires insurance be purchased through their platform. It’s on a daily rate and meets the requirements for all states represented through the platform.
Below are some additional details about the insurance Twisted Road offers:
Rider Insurance Options
Twisted Road offers daily insurance for renters. Their insurance policy options can cover theft and damage up to $40K. This insurance also covers you for minimum state liability. You can also purchase additional insurance coverage if desired.
Owner Insurance Options
Twisted Road wants owners to feel confident when handing their keys over to someone they just met. To help alleviate any anxiety about something happening to your motorcycle, Twisted Road covers damages that occur during the rental of your bike. This insurance includes collision and damages incurred to the bike (up to $40K). You also receive $1 million in liability insurance when you rent your bike out using Twisted Road.
International Riders Insurance
Insurance coverage is also offered to international renters at the same rate as local US renters. As long as you can prove you can legally ride a motorcycle in your home country, you can rent a motorcycle through Twisted Road.
Twisted Road offers three tiers of insurance, minimum, standard, and premium to cater to your comfort level and budget. You can also add on roadside assistance and tire protection for $5/day per coverage. Just make sure you check the two boxes for these add-ons when scheduling your rental!
Other Twisted Road FAQs
Twisted Road is committed to providing an enjoyable and pain-free experience for both renters and owners. With that being said, there are some restrictions and considerations to be aware of before listing or renting a bike with Twisted Road. You can find a full set of FAQs on Twisted Road’s website, but here are some of the highlighted FAQs you might be wondering:
Do I Need to Wear a Helmet When Riding a Bike I Rent?
Twisted Road does require all riders to comply with local, state, and federal laws regarding the use of a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet. Twisted Road strongly encourages the bike owners to provide a helmet for their renters, but riders are free to wear their own helmets if they choose.
Can I Pop a Wheelie on a Bike I Rent Through a Twisted Road?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Twisted Road’s primary concern is rider safety and the longevity of the owner’s motorcycle. For this reason, there is actually a list of activities that are prohibited, including
- Permitting someone other than the primary rider who rented the vehicle to drive
- Driving a motorcycle without a current motorcycle endorsement
- Driving a motorcycle without being an expert in the use of clutches and manual transmissions.
- Allowing the vehicle to be pushed or towed by anyone other than authorized law enforcement or service vehicle.
- Using a vehicle rented through Twisted Road:
- to tow or push anything;
- other than on paved roads (including “off-roading”, driving on unimproved roads or parking areas, or otherwise);
- in any race, test, or competition;
- with the intention to cause damage, or with wanton, willful, or reckless disregard for safety;
- to carry persons or property for hire, such as operating as a taxi or parcel delivery service. You may, however, use the motorcycle for business purposes, such as attending meetings;
- during or as part of the commission of a crime or any other illegal activity or purpose
- while the driver is under the influence of:
- alcohol above the legal limit, or
- any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of a vehicle is prohibited or not recommended;
- when it has been loaded beyond its rated capacity
- outside the 50 United States or Canada
- without a valid license
- to transport any flammable, toxic, volatile, poisonous, dangerous, or illegal substances
- to transport a pet
- to make any alterations, additions, or improvements to the vehicle;
- smoking while riding
- fueling a vehicle with an improper type of fuel
- to perform any stunts of any kind, including Wheelies, Burnouts, or any other similar act
- when the vehicle’s fluid levels are low
- without carrying motorcycle insurance
- when the tire pressure is outside the pressure range of the tire manufacturer;
- to commit a willful, wanton, or reckless act
- by anyone who is sending an electronic message, messages or emails while operating the vehicle
- to ride in any position other than how the bike was intended
Upcoming Events with Twisted Road
One of the best perks of joining the Twisted Road community is their events page. Twisted Road sources information from all over the county to provide accurate and up-to-date information about motorcycle events near you. You can search by location, time period, and by type of event. Twisted Road continually keeps its finger on the pulse of the motorcycle community so you can sit back and plan out your calendar weeks in advance.
For example, if you love Bike Nights or Motorcycle Shows specifically, you can search countrywide for all events that fit this category. You could travel from one city to the next to attend your favorite type of event all year!
Another perk of the upcoming events page on Twisted Road is that users can upload their own local events to the site. This helps communities get added representation and get the word out there about all their fun events to an even larger audience!
Check Out More Helpful Motorcycle Guides and Articles:
If you are ready to graduate from renting a motorcycle to owning your own motorcycle or even thinking about buying your own motorcycle to rent it out on Twisted Road, you can use GoRollick to search live inventory from motorcycle dealers in your area. If you are still in the thinking about it phase of buying a motorcycle, that’s totally okay too! We have tons of other super helpful articles that can help educate you on the process of purchasing a motorcycle and motorcycle ownership. Reading some of these articles will help you feel confident about whatever decision you end up making!
Wherever you are in your motorcycle journey, we’ve got answers for you. Check out some of our other articles on motorcycle buying, maintenance, and ownership:
- Motorcycles 101: Your Top Questions Answered
- How to Ride a Motorcycle
- Best Motorcycle Helmets
- How to Wash a Motorcycle
- The Definitive Guide to the Different Types of Motorcycles (2020)
- 15 Best Beginner Motorcycles: The Definitive Guide
- The Best Motorcycle Accessories (2021)
- Motorcycle Insurance: What to Consider Before Your Purchase
- See nationwide inventory, specs, and incentive information
- Get an upfront, transparent price on your desired motorcycle
- Receive special offers on both the motorcycle as well as additional accessories
- Take advantage of Bonus Savings plus the option to Buy From Home from select Certified Dealers
- Shop at one of our Certified Dealers who are committed to providing an exceptional buying experience